Friday, August 6, 2010

Rexona Run 5K Pics

As promised, i have to post my pics here during the Rexona Run last August 1, 2010 at SM Mall of Asia Grounds.



That day started with me waking up at around 3am. I still have to travel to Makati to meet my running buddies. We met at Ayala Columns (Dianne's Crib) then we all proceed to MOA. The race for the 5K run was to start at 5:40 am. As usual, we were late for about 10 mins at the gun start. Nevertheless, we managed to catch up the start of the 3K run. So we started our race from there. Only three of us started the race together since Paulo, run ahead of us while we were still looking for the baggage counter. Unfortunately, there was none.

The first 1k was a bit smooth. The three of us were running together. However, we decided to run on our own depending on our pace. So we were basically running alone the whole race. Hehe.

From 2K till the 4K, i was very much in the competitive mode. I was trying to beat my previous record. I was aiming of finishing the 5k at less than 30 mins. However, at Km 4, i was already very tired and a bit dizzy. I was catching up my breath. Good to know that there were water stations along the way. They also served Powerade. One thing new for me was the water sponge. That was nice. It kept me cool down in a way. Hoping to see more of these in the coming race.

Anyways, the last 5k was bit of a torture. I could see the finish line, but could not keep up. i have to alternately walk and run. well, that's what you really get from not enough training. Hehe.

The race venue

My watch says 35mins 12 seconds, but my chip time was 37 mins. Hmm...

At the the end, i finish the race at 37 mins. Not bad, though i was aiming for less than 30 mins, but that will come. Soon.

The gang

It was the birthday run of Nelson. There were a lot of freebies included in the loot bag, that we mistook it for a grocery bag. Hehe. There was also a free ice cream. That was nice.

After the race, we went to Seaside for our Brunch and to celebrate the birthday of Nelson. Happy Birthday Nelson.

Me after the run

Dreaming that someday, we'll be running 21K

Loot Bag contents ( a lot of shampoo)


With the birthday boy, Nelson


Till the next run.

2 comments:

  1. wow! so you have no reason to run out of shampoo til your next run.. *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. for sure, this will last for a month. hehe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails